A woman became partially paralyzed because of a hickey on her neck.

The 44-year-old New Zealander went to the emergency room of her local hospital after losing movement in her left arm while watching TV. Doctors concluded the loss of the movement was caused by a stroke but were baffled concerning its cause until they noticed a love bite on the woman’s neck. 

Incurred a few days prior, bruising from the hickey had caused a blood clot in the artery directly below the woman’s skin. This clot dislodged itself and traveled to her heart, causing the minor stroke! The woman eventually experienced a full recovery after being given an anti-coagulant to break up the clot. 
(source)

Advertisements

About coolfacts2share

Cool Facts 2 Share
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s